Student Progress Policy
It describes in detail the procedures to be followed when students make insufficient progress and help them in achieving their full potential.
General Principles of this Policy :
- Teachers have the responsibility of monitoring the progress of students including subject achievement and skill development.
- Students are expected to take a high level responsibility for managing their own progress, and teachers will support them to develop the necessary skills to do this.
Progress Management Assistance :
- A group of students shall have a proctor, who monitors regularly their welfare and academic progress.
- Attendance data, progress information, assignment and assessment marks are assessed by proctors.
- Student support plans, including detailed management planes for students with special educational needs or disability are developed and put in place if required.
- In future, the college will introduce individual learning plans.
- Target grades will be set for each student and they are adjusted through formative and summative assessment from time to time.
- Students overall learning needs are constantly monitored by the academic staff.
- Students are encouraged to be proactive and self – motivated managing their progress by putting maximum efforts.
Review of progress by Teachers :
- Teachers monitor the attendance and progress of students persistently.
- In addition to academic achievement. General welfare, skill development and acculturation are taken care of by the teachers.
- The proctor concerned is readily available to the redressal of the grievances.
- Proctors monitor attendance and achievement data of students as recorded by teachers from time to time.
- Proctors provide balanced feed back to students including positive and constructive comments.
- The teachers acknowledges achievements and discuss the areas of improvement and help the students to better their performance.
- Where concerns continue, the tailor refers the matter to the relevant academic manager or welfare manager.
Additional Classes :
- Extra tuitions can be arranged to the slow learners to give them additional support.
- If needed one-on-one or group tuition is provided to give ad-hoc assistance to the students.
Conditions for provision of Extra tution :
- Tuition must be provided on college premises during college opening hours in accordance with college policies and procedures.
- Payment will be collected in advance directly by college.
- The academic coordinator must review and approve all consent forms before extra tuition is arranged.