Student Code of Conduct Policy
- College is bound to assure a safe, positive and learning environment to the students and a respectful and cooperative working environment to the staff.
- All students are expected be abide by its code of conduct for the progress of the college.
- The students who are responsible to breeches of this code are subjected to disciplinary actions mentioned in the college Disciplinary Policy and Procedure.
Code of Conduct to Students :
- The code takes into consideration the conduct of the students both on and off college grounds if it affects the reputation of the college.
- Students may raise matters of concern either directly to the college staff or through writing anonymously.
General Rules :
- Be courteous with their fellow students. The staff and the visitors.
- Avoid using offensive language and mal handling of the infrastructure.
- Inform the member of the staff their concerns about the conduct of fellow students.
- Dress appropriately and be punctual to college.
- Be honest and prompt in their academic activities. Bulling and harassment is not tolerated.
- Be free to approach the staff if they feel they are bullied. Even banter can be perceived as bullying.
- Wear ID cards all the time they stay in college and should show when asked.
- Report lost or stolen identity cards to a member of staff immediately and get a new card.
- Take care of their personal belongings.
- Report suspicious packages or items.
Health and Safety :
- Not tamper with the safety or medical equipment.
- Report to a member of staff if a fellow student needs urgent medical attention.
- Be alert in case of any untoward incidents.
- Stay together in perfect harmony.
- Not bring pets or any objectionable things in to the campus.
- Not consume alcohol.
- Not smoke or use any tobacco products.
- Not engage in, encourage, condone or conceal criminal activity.
- Report to a member of staff any serious incidents of aggressive or violent behaviour of other students or members of staff.
Attendance and Utilisation of the Infrastructure :
- Attend all classes, tutorials and activities unless they have received prior authorization for absence or unwell.
- Students who require time off college for legitimate reasons should request authorization for absence according to the college Attendance Policy.
- Treat resources and facilities belonging to the college with respect.
- Use college resources only for their intended purposes.
- Be vigilant about their safety when using the internet, should not provide personal details, contact information or images to strangers.
- Not post images of fellow students or members of staff on the internet.
- Not access inappropriate material.