Student Attendance Policy
Aim of the Policy :
The aims of the attendance policy are
- To ensure that staff and students are aware of their responsibilities for attendance and absence to the statutory requirements detailed within the education Act of Andhra Pradesh.
- Provide clarity on the college expectations of student attendance.
- Through this policy the college can monitor the attendance of the students and see that they get maximum benefit from all the educational opportunities offered by the college.
- Unauthorized absence and lateness is discouraged. Where it is appropriate, according to the student Disciplinary policy and procedures strict action will be taken.
Responsibilities of the Teachers :
- It is the teacher responsibility to maintain the attendance registers.
- Taking attendance should be completed within five minutes of each class.
- Failure to maintain a register will result in action under the staff code of conduct.
- Any concern including repeated or prolonged absence should be reported to the designated safeguarding Lead.
- If the student is absent for more than ten consecutive working days, the parents should be informed.